For homework this week, you are going to volunteer to help people in your own community. Some suggestions of what you could do are:
• Complete a chore you would not normally have to do (mow the lawn, do the dishes, take out the garbage, vacuum the house etc.)
• Help your sibling with their homework
• Make a meal for your family
• Have a conversation with a grandparent, aunt, uncle or someone older than you, that you haven’t seen for a while
• Volunteer to help a teacher with something at school
• Donate some old toys or clothes
Record what you did and who you helped in your homework book. Describe how you felt after you had completed each task. You must complete at least 3.
Could all grade 5 students please be at Berwick College tomorrow at 8.45am for a 9.00am start. We will be meeting at the Leisure centre, which is the near the big roundabout.
We will be walking back to school and should arrive back at around 11.30am.
See you there!
As promised, here’s the GoPro camp video guys. Password is the one we told you at school yesterday. Enjoy!
Homework is back on for next week. Here is the task that you need to complete in your homework book:
The community of Beaconsfield has some great organisations who rely on the assistance of volunteers.
• Beaconsfield Neighbourhood Centre
• Beaconsfield CFA
• Beaconsfield Progress Association
• Beaconsfield Scouts
• Beaconsfield Junior Football Club
Research one of the above organisations, presenting what they do, who can volunteer, what roles they may have and how they help the community of Beaconsfield.
Just a few reminders for grade 6 students.
• Scrapbooks and photos need to be brought to school by the end of the week as we will be starting this next week. Please refer to the Grade 6 Booklet given out earlier this term for what students need to bring in.
• Graduation Disco money is due this Friday. Please return the form and $20 payment to Miss Backman or Sam Rooke (not the office). Late payments will not be accepted.
The grade 5/6 boys who are participating in tomorrow’s softball please meet Mr O’Shea in the gallery at 8.15 at the latest!
For those who haven’t handed in their permission slip, please remember to bring it in.
Take a look at this great performance form the grade 3-5 students from the senior choir a couple of weeks ago.
Due to the long weekend, there will be no homework or reading next week.