Just a reminder that students in grade 6 and grade 5B & H students will be having their Christmas party tomorrow. Students need to bring their chosen plate of food/drink to share. If bringing hot food, please drop this off at 11.40am to your child’s classroom.
Students who wish to take part in Kris Kringle, need to bring in a gift to the value of $5. Girls need to buy a present for a girl and boys buy a present for a boy. If your child does not bring a gift tomorrow, they will not receive one.
Next Wednesday is the grade 6 graduation excursion to Funfields. Please see the below important information.
• Students need to arrive at school by 8.45am and go to their classroom to mark the roll. We will be leaving at 9.00am and will not be waiting for any late students
• Students must wear their bathers under their clothing. They are able to wear casual clothing (school uniform is not required) but clothing must be sunsmart (shoulders must be covered, strictly no singlets) and they must wear closed-toe shoes (runners). Thongs may be brought in their back pack to wear at Funfields between water rides, but runners will be required for other rides and going and returning from school.
• All students must wear a rashie or t-shirt when on the water rides. We are a sunsmart school, so both girls and boys must have a rashie or t-shirt on. Any student with no rashie or t-shirt to wear on water rides, will spend the day in the shelter area.
• Students must bring sunscreen and a hat/cap.
• Students should bring a small back pack with their snack, lunch and drink bottle in it. They will need to bring a towel and a spare t-shirt as they must be dry to ride on other non-water activities.
• No money is to be brought as no student will be permitted to buy anything at Funfields.
• No devices are to brought on the excursion as their will be nowhere safe to leave them.
• We will return to school at approx. 5.30pm. Please read the blog for updates of approx. time of arrival back to school on the day.
• Students have watched the safety video and been spoken to about rules and expectations. If any students behaviour is unacceptable, parents will be called to come and collect their child.
If you have any questions, please see Miss Backman.
Just a reminder for all grade 6 students, that we have a rehearsal for graduation at the Baptist Church tomorrow. If you are one of the few students who still has not returned their permission form, you need to do so tomorrow or you won’t be able to come with us.
Please click on the link below for information about the seating at Monday’s Christmas Concert (seating has changed this year)
Christmas Concert Seating
Congratulations to Maria, Molly, Chloe, Rory,Mason, Bella, Miller and Jackson who are our Students of the Week.
For students attending a public high school next year, your Orientation Day will be this Tuesday the 12th December. Students are not required to attend Beaconsfield Primary School on this day.
Please see the below information for Berwick College and Officer Secondary College for Orientation Day.
Students are to arrive at Berwick College at 8.45am and meet outside the Leisure Centre. If might be a good idea to organise to meet some friends in a specific location as parents are encouraged to drop students off and not hang around till after the bell. Students are to wear their grade 6 primary school uniform and bring a pencil case and paper for the day. The day will finish at 3.15pm but staff will start bringing students down to the bus stop area at around 3.00pm to ease congestion.
Officer Secondary College
At 8:40am, parents will need to drop off students at the school’s entrance on Parker St. There is a big gate which will be open and students can walk through to the amphitheater. We will then move them into our Gym for an assembly. Students will need to bring a small backpack, water bottle, snack, lunch (if not ordered at our Canteen) and their school hat. Students are to wear their grade 6 primary school uniform.
Please note; the College café will not be open for over the counter service on the day. Students must bring their own food if they have not placed a lunch order.
At 2:50pm, there will be an assembly in the Gym. Students will be permitted to leave by their chosen method at 3:10pm. Anyone catching the train will be escorted to the station by an OSC staff member. Parents will be able to collect from the Gym as well.
If your child is attending a private school next year, you will need to refer to the information they have provided you with, for their dates and information regarding their Orientation Day.
On Tuesday the 12th December, there will be no grade 6 classes running at Beaconsfield Primary School due to Orientation Day for public schools. If you choose to send your child to school on this day, they will spend the day in a grade 5 classroom.
Students can purchase raffle tickets for $1 each tomorrow, Monday 11th December, for the Parents and Friends Christmas Raffle. There are lots of great prizes to win.
Hi guys, here is all the information required for our Big Bash excursion tomorrow:
– Be at school by 8am – we will not wait for more than 5 minutes for anyone who is late.
– You need to bring your own bag with fruit, snack, lunch and a drink in it. No money is to be brought.
– You need to bring your school hat (your teacher will remind you in the morning).
– It would be a good idea to bring some sunscreen along.
– No devices are to be brought along.
– You must be in full school uniform. If you would like to wear a scarf, cape, accessories, etc of one of the teams playing that is okay.
– No sports equipment eg. cricket bats/balls.
Looking forward to a great day!