Just a reminder that the House Athletics form and payment is due tomorrow. Please make sure it is handed in on time to ensure the event can be organised smoothly. We expect all grade 5/6 students to attend. Thanks
On the 20th of May (this Friday), it is the 17th year for the National Walk Safely to School Day (WSTSD). We will be leaving from O’Neil road and heading to school approximately 8:30am. We would love to see as many students possible attending this walk.
The objectives of WSTSD are:
• To encourage parents and carers to walk to school with primary school age children and reinforce safe pedestrian behaviour.
• To promote the health benefits of walking and help create regular walking habits at an early age.
• To ensure that children up to 10 years old hold an adult’s hand when crossing the road.
• To help children develop the vital road-crossing skills they will need as they become mature pedestrians.
• To reduce the car dependency habits that are being created at an early age and which will be difficult to change as children become adults.
• To promote the use of Public Transport.
• To reduce the level of air pollution created by motor vehicles.
• To reduce the level of traffic congestion.
Thank you for your support.