Hold a themed dinner at your house celebrating another culture. For example, a Mexican Night with tacos and sombreros or an Asian inspired theme of Nasi Goreng and chopsticks. Write at least half a page about your experience and take some photos to share about your night.
Grade 5 campers have just left their stop over at Coal Creek and are due back at school at approximately 3:15pm. Please park away from the school to allow the buses parking space.
There have been a few cases of gastro on the camp so please be prompt in picking your child up. If your child has any medication, please see Mrs Humphries before you go home.
Just a reminder for the grade 6 students attending T20 cricket tomorrow. You need to arrive at school at 8.45am and meet in the gym. You will need to bring your snack, lunch and drink bottle along with your school hat and sunscreen. Grade 6 Beaconsfield t-shirts must be worn with comfortable playing shorts/pants and runners.
Grade 6 campers will be returning to school at approx. 4.00pm. Parents, please be mindful of normal school traffic. It will easier for everyone if you wait until normal school pick ups are done and then arrive at school after 3.45pm to collect the campers. Please do not park in the Kiss and Go zone or the driveway area inside the school as this is where the buses will pull up and unload.
Just a few reminders for camp next week:
– Arrive at school by 8:45am and take your luggage to the shed.
– If you have medication you need to be at school at 8:30am and meet in 6K’s (Grade 6 Camp) or 5H’s (Grade 5 Camp) classroom.
– Bring your asthma form in if applicable (Grade 5’s you will receive this on Tuesday afternoon).
– Bring your snack and lunch for the first day in a small backpack. You also will need a refillable drink bottle and your pencil case.
– You are able to bring one normal sized bag of lollies. Please make sure you are sensible with them or they will be confiscated.
– Devices such as iPods and iPads are not allowed to be brought to camp this year. You may bring a digital or disposable camera if you wish.
– Everyone must bring a hat (caps are fine).
– Bring sunscreen and insect repellent.
– Everyone will need a pillow and a sleeping bag (these are not supplied by the camp).
– Bring your bathers in case we end up going for a swim.
– Bring a torch along for our night walk.
– All tops must have sleeves (no singlets)
I think they’re all the major things. Have a restful weekend and we look forward to a great time with you next week!
Just a reminder for all grade 6 students who were selected, that the permission form and money for T20 Cricket is due tomorrow. Sorry no late payments will be accepted.
Research a famous celebration from around the world and create a mini information report on it. Your information report should have at least 3 subheadings and some diagrams/pictures. Choose a celebration that you don’t know much about.
A reminder that tomorrow is the due date for the Lightning Prem money and permission slip. As the day is on Friday we cannot accept payments any later than tomorrow.