Our grade 6 graduation excursion is next week on Wednesday the 14th December. It should be a really fun day. Please read all the important information below for both students and parents.
• Students need to arrive at school at 8.15am and go to their classroom to mark the roll. We will be leaving at 8.30am and will not be waiting for any late students.
• Students must wear their bathers under their clothing. They are able to wear casual clothing (school uniform is not required) but clothing must be sunsmart (shoulders must be covered, strictly no singlets) and they must wear closed-toe shoes (runners). Thongs may be brought in their back pack to wear at Funfields between water rides, but runners will be required for other rides and going and returning from school.
• All students must wear a rashie or t-shirt when on the water rides. We are a sunsmart school, so both girls and boys must have a rashie or t-shirt on. Any student with no rashie or t-shirt to wear on water rides, will spend the day in the shelter area.
• Students must bring sunscreen and a hat/cap.
• Students should bring a small back pack with their snack, lunch and drink bottle in it. They will need to bring a towel and a spare t-shirt as they must be dry to ride on other non-water activities.
• No money is to be brought as no student will be permitted to buy anything at Funfields.
• We will return to school at approx. 4.30pm. Please read the blog for updates of approx. time of arrival back to school on the day.
• Students have watched the safety video and been spoken to about rules and expectations. If any students behaviour is unacceptable, parents will be called to come and collect their child.
If you have any questions, Please see Miss Backman.
Just a reminder that money and the permission form for the Grade 6 Excursion to Funfields is due tomorrow. Payments must be received by 3.30pm Wednesday 7th December. Miss Backman will not be accepting any payments after this date as numbers need to be finalised with the venue.
As we gear up for the final few weeks of 2016, here is a reminder of what is coming up in the 5/6 area:
Tuesday 6th December – Orientation day for all public schools. (Private schools should have advised you of their orientation day/s which may occur on a different date to this).
Tuesday 6th December – Grade 5 Leadership speeches.
Monday 12th December – Grade 6 Class Party 11am
Monday 12th December – Sing and Celebrate Concert.
6.30pm in the shed. Students should arrive around 6.15pm.
Tuesday 13th December – Grade 5/6 Christmas Stall.
Wednesday 14th December – Grade 6 Graduation Excursion to Funfields.
Please arrive at 8.15am. Will return at approx. 4.30pm.
Thursday 15th December – Grade 6 Pancake Breakfast (selected students) 7:30am
Thursday 15th December – Grade 6 Graduation Bear Signing 9-11am
Thursday 15th December – Graduation Cake at 12.30pm in the gallery. All parents are welcome to attend.
Thursday 15th December – Graduation Ceremony at Beaconsfield Baptist Church. 6.00pm Scrapbook viewing, 6.30pm ceremony begins. Graduation Disco (organised by parents) following after the conclusion of the ceremony at Beaconsfield Community Centre.
Friday 16th December – Grade 5 Class Party 12:20pm.
Tuesday 20th December – Last day of school. 1.30pm finish.
The water fight will take place on the mini oval at the conclusion of the last assembly in the shed. Only water pistols, bombs and buckets filled with water are to be used. Only grade 6 students are involved.
Year 6 uniform for 2017 – REMINDER
Orders need to be placed by Saturday 10th December 2016. Orders placed after the 10th December 2016 will experience delays.
Where to order & try on: Noone Imagewear in Beaconsfield
Address: Shop 4 Beaconsfield Hub, 52-62 Old Princes Highway Beaconsfield
Hours: Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm & Saturday 9.00am – 1.00pm.
Price: Unisex Jackets: $42.95 Polo Shirts: $33.95
Hi guys, just a reminder that this Wednesday (7th of December) is the last day to bring in the canned ham for the 4C’s ‘Give Back Christmas’ appeal. The support for this great cause has been terrific so far and your help is much appreciated.
Well done to Kade, Jamie, Ashton, Hannah, Aroha, Luke L and Dom who are our Students of the Week this week.
Just a quick reminder to bring in your gold coins for the Christmas Raffle tomorrow during class time. $1 per ticket, unlimited ticket purchase available. Winners will be notified at assembly.