As mentioned at assembly on Monday the SRC are again collecting for a charity in need. The charity we are collecting for is called “Mums Supporting Families In Need” and our focus is on children.
The fundraiser is called “Shoe Box For Kids” and we are requesting the following new items from our senior students:
Grade 5: toothbrushes
Grade 6: toothpaste
Of course, if there are multiple children from the same family at the school we are not expecting multiple donations.
Please bring to Mrs H room (Room 29 on the oval) by the last Monday of term.
On the 19th of May, it is the 18th year for the National Walk Safely to School Day (WSTDS). We will be leaving from O’Neil road and heading to school approximately 8:30am. We would love to see as many students possible attending this walk.
The objectives of WSTSD are:
• To encourage parents and carers to walk to school with primary school age children and reinforce safe pedestrian behaviour.
• To promote the health benefits of walking and help create regular walking habits at an early age.
• To ensure that children up to 10 years old hold an adult’s hand when crossing the road.
• To help children develop the vital road-crossing skills they will need as they become mature pedestrians.
• To reduce the car dependency habits that are being created at an early age and which will be difficult to change as children become adults.
• To promote the use of Public Transport.
• To reduce the level of air pollution created by motor vehicles.
• To reduce the level of traffic congestion.
Thank you for your support.
Please be aware there are road works in Lyle Avenue this morning due to NBN installation. Traffic will be more congested so please consider parking away from school and walking down.