On the 19th of May, it is the 18th year for the National Walk Safely to School Day (WSTDS). We will be leaving from O’Neil road and heading to school approximately 8:30am. We would love to see as many students possible attending this walk.
The objectives of WSTSD are:
• To encourage parents and carers to walk to school with primary school age children and reinforce safe pedestrian behaviour.
• To promote the health benefits of walking and help create regular walking habits at an early age.
• To ensure that children up to 10 years old hold an adult’s hand when crossing the road.
• To help children develop the vital road-crossing skills they will need as they become mature pedestrians.
• To reduce the car dependency habits that are being created at an early age and which will be difficult to change as children become adults.
• To promote the use of Public Transport.
• To reduce the level of air pollution created by motor vehicles.
• To reduce the level of traffic congestion.
Thank you for your support.