Please read the below information carefully in regards to tomorrow grade 5/6 excursion to Sovereign Hill:
• Students need to arrive at school at 7.15am and meet at their classroom to mark the role. The bus will be departing Beaconsfield Primary at 7.30am. As per our excursion policy, we will wait no longer than 5 minutes for late students so please be on time.
• Please do not park in the Kiss and Go Zone tomorrow morning as the cones will be out for the buses to pull up here.
• Students are required to wear full school uniform.
• Students will need to bring a small back pack with their snacks, lunch, drink bottle and wallet. It is a good idea to pack a coat as it will be colder in Ballarat and some extra food as it is quite a long day.
• Students will need to remember what they ordered for dinner at McDonald’s as this has been pre-ordered and they cannot change their mind on the night.
• Students are allowed to bring a maximum of $20 spending money to purchase souvenirs at Sovereign Hill. They still need to bring a packed lunch to eat there. No student will be allowed to spend their money at McDonald’s.
• Students are allowed to bring their own device to listen to music or take photos with, but it will be solely their responsibility. No mobile phones are permitted to be brought.
• Students with their own Asthma puffer, please bring in your back pack.
• We are due back at Beaconsfield Primary at approx. 7.30pm. Please check the blog, as Mr. J will regularly update where we are and approximate times we will arrive back at school.
• Students will need to be picked up from the shed at the end of the excursion by a parent. No students is permitted to walk home. Students will need to let their teacher know when their parent is collecting them.
• If you have pre-arranged for another child’s parent to collect your child, you will need to give a note to your child’s classroom teacher tomorrow morning explaining who will be collecting them.
Look forward to seeing you all bright and early tomorrow morning!
Well done to Abby, Kai, Casey, Jack, Robbie, Kye and Aroha who are our Students of the Week this week.
Congratulations to all the grade 3-6 students who represented the school in Friday’s District Cross Country. Everyone put in their best effort and quite a few students will be moving on to Division in a few weeks time.
Congratulations to Luke, Kye, Ella, Kayla, Kiera, Rhylee, Claire and Shayla who received medals for finishing in the top 3 of their age group. Overall, our school finished 1st in the district, amazing job everyone!
District Cross Country from Beaconsfield PS on Vimeo.
What is mindfulness and how can it be effective?
Find and write the definition of mindfulness. What are some activities that people can do that help them be mindful? Create your own mindfulness activity designed for a grade 5/6 student when they are stressed or anxious.
This is a final reminder to grade 6 students, that Application for Year 7 2018 forms are due tomorrow. Miss Backman is still waiting on at least 15 student’s forms. This must be completed and handed in tomorrow.
Also, in regards to applying for Officer Secondary College’s High Achiever’s Program, the closing date for applications to the college is the 22nd May.
Just a reminder that our annual Mother’s Day Stall will be running tomorrow. Please bring a couple of dollars along to pick up something nice for mum.
Students in grade 6 who wish to attend Officer Secondary School in 2018, are invited to submit applications for their High Achiever’s Program. If you child is operating above the expected level for most curriculum areas and is interested in challenging their future learning, application open on May 22nd. Please see the attached information, or speak to Miss Backman if you have any questions.
Officer Secondary College High Achievers Program application
Please read the attached document for a report from the Knox HPV Grand Prix:
Knox HPV Grand Prix Report
Just a reminder for those students who have not yet returned their form or money for Sovereign Hill, that it is due this Wednesday the 10th May. All forms and payments must be received by 3.30pm Wednesday as we need to organise groups and finalise McDonald’s orders. Strictly no late payments will be accepted after this date. If forms are not received by this date, your child will not be attending this excursion. If payment is an issue, please return the form and the office will contact you regarding a payment plan.
Congratulations to Javy, Rhylee, Chloe, Mia, Tanis, Miller, Eli, Olivia, Taylah (ab) and Sienna (ab) who are our Students of the Week this week.