Please read the following information from Officer Secondary College if you are attending the Information Night.
• Entry is strictly via the main office on Parker St.
• Bridge Rd is a no-standing zone, but there is ample parking along Parker St and a temporary car park on bridge Rd directly opposite Parker St available for families.
• Parents must sign in at the front office as they enter.
• You’ll receive a College Prospectus at this time.
• The tours will begin at 5:30pm and will run every 5-10 minutes until 6:15pm. This will allow the final tour to make it back in time for the Information Presentation at 6:45pm.
• All children are to accompany their family on the tours and it will not be until just prior to the information session that we will ask Parents to sign in your children for us to care for them during the session. Please note; our preference is that only the prospective child attending OSC attends the night but we understand that there are differing circumstances for families.
• The HAP information will begin after the main information session ends at approximately 7:30pm. This will give you an opportunity to ask questions.
Your task this week is to address a local issue that is of concern to the community. You can check your local newspaper for ideas. Write about what this issue is and create/make a law that would fix this problem. Explain how your law would address this issue. Record your work in your homework book.
For any parents attending the Officer Secondary College Information Evening on Tuesday 1st May, please take note of the following message from Officer.
Due to unprecedented demand for places at the Officer Secondary College Grade 6 Information Evening on Tuesday 1 May 2018 at 6:30pm we request that parents only bring the student that is inquiring about transitioning to Officer Secondary College. Younger siblings who attend will be requested to sit in an alternate area where they will be fully supervised by a Member of Officer Secondary College staff. Younger siblings will be provided with activities during this time.
Congratulations to Mason, Abby B, Ann, Talia, Kathryn, Tyler (ab) and Jessie (ab) who are our first Students of the Week of term 2.
Homework is back to normal for next week so that is 150 mins of reading for grade 6, 100 mins of reading for grade 5 and a mathletics certificate and the blog question completed by everyone. The blog question for this week is:
In your homework book, make a list of chores and responsibilities you have in your household. Why do you think it is important for kids to have household chores? Write about this under your list of chores.
Please find attached some information and an application form for the High Achiever at Officer Secondary College. The closing date for applications is Monday 7th May 2018. Applications contain the important information required but will include a hand written letter from the student and a $30 fee to cover the costs of testing which will occur on Saturday 19th May between 9am-12am.
Please click below to open the link:
HAP application Officer Secondary College 2018
Just a reminder to grade 6 families, that a number of secondary schools in the area have their Open Night’s coming up. This is a great opportunity to see what each school has to offer. Please see details below.
• Berwick College – Information evening is on Tuesday 24th April – starting at 6:30pm in the Stadium. This will be followed by their Dance and Basketball Academy presentations at 7:30pm.
• Officer Secondary College – Information Evening is Tuesday 1st May with a school tour from 5.30pm to 6.30pm and then information session beginning at 6.45pm to 7.30pm.
• Pakenham Secondary College – Open Night is being held on Thursday 26th April at 7.00pm.
Don’t forget that Application for Year 7 2019 forms, are due to Miss Backman by 11th May 2018.
Walk to School recommences this Friday, April 20th. See you at the corner of O’Neil Road at 8:20am!
For those interested in the Basketball academy please click on the following link:
Basketball Academy Info flyer