Congratulations to the 2019 captains
School- Mitch, Ben, Kathryn and Talia
Sport- Riley and Shayla
SRC Leaders- Daniel and Dakota
Art- Kaylah and Mikaela
Science- Kayla and Evie
Just an update for parents of grade 6 students; at this stage we are looking like arriving back at school at approximately 5:30pm. Please leave space for the buses to park at the front of the school.
Information for grade 6 families tonight:
– The Graduation Ceremony is at Upper Beaconsfield Primary School tonight. 6:00pm for Scrapbook viewing, the ceremony begins at 6:30pm.
– Graduation Disco (organised by parents) following after the conclusion of the ceremony at Upper Beaconsfield Community Centre (Salisbury Rd).
– There will be donuts for the kids at the disco. If you have any allergies or intolerance’s you are welcome to bring a donut or small cake of your own.
– Pick up time for the disco is at 10:30pm
Just a reminder that all families are invited to attend the cutting of the graduation cake at 12.30pm tomorrow, Wednesday the 19th December in the gallery.
Just a reminder that the SRC are holding a Xmas dress day today. Please bring in a gold coin donation to raise funds for Windermere.
As we gear up for the final week of 2018, here is a reminder of what is coming up in the 5/6 area:
Monday 17th December – Grade 6 Pancake Breakfast. Glenn’s helpers arrive at 7:30am, all other grade 6 students arrive at 8:00am for breakfast.
Monday 17th December – Grade 6 Class Party 11:20am in 6B and 6J’s classroom.
Monday 17th December – Sing and Celebrate Concert.
6.30pm in the shed. Students should arrive around 6.15pm.
Tuesday 18th December – Grade 5/6 Christmas Stall.
Wednesday 19th December – Grade 6 Graduation Bear Signing 9:15am-10:40am
Wednesday 19th December – Graduation Cake at 12.30pm in the gallery. All parents are welcome to attend.
Wednesday 19th December – Grade 5HB Class Party at 12:30pm
Wednesday 19th December – Grade 5OC Class Party at 12:30pm
Wednesday 19th December – Graduation Ceremony at Upper Beaconsfield Primary School. 6:00pm for Scrapbook viewing, the ceremony begins at 6:30pm. Graduation Disco (organised by parents) following after the conclusion of the ceremony at Upper Beaconsfield Community Centre.
Thursday 20th December – Grade 6 Graduation Excursion to Funfields.
Please arrive at 8:45am. Will return at approximately 5:30pm.
Friday 21st December – Last day of school, 1:30pm finish.
The grade 6 water fight will take place on the new playground at the conclusion of the last assembly in the shed. Only water pistols, bombs and buckets filled with water are to be used. Only grade 6 students are involved.
Looking forward to an awesome final week of 2018 with you all!
Next Thursday is the Grade 6 Graduation Excursion to Funfields. Please see the below important information.
• Students need to arrive at school by 8.45am and go to their classroom to mark the roll. We will be leaving at 9.00am and will not be waiting for any late students.
• Students must wear their bathers under their clothing. They are able to wear casual clothing (school uniform is not required) but clothing must be sunsmart (shoulders must be covered, strictly no singlets) and they must wear closed-toe shoes (runners). Thongs may be brought in their back pack to wear at Funfields between water rides, but runners will be required for other rides and going and returning from school.
• All students must wear a rashie or t-shirt when on the water rides. We are a sunsmart school, so both girls and boys must have a rashie or t-shirt on. Any student with no rashie or t-shirt to wear on water rides, will spend the day in the shelter area.
• Students must bring sunscreen and a hat/cap.
• Students should bring a small back pack with their snack, lunch and drink bottle in it. They will need to bring a towel and a spare t-shirt as they must be dry to ride on other non-water activities.
• No money is to be brought as no student will be permitted to buy anything at Funfields.
• No devices are to brought on the excursion as their will be nowhere safe to leave them.
• We will return to school at approx. 5.30pm. Please read the blog for updates of approx. time of arrival back to school on the day.
• Students have watched the safety video and been spoken to about rules and expectations. If any students behaviour is unacceptable, parents will be called to come and collect their child.
If you have any questions, please see Miss Backman.
We are very much looking forward to the Grade 6 Graduation next Wednesday the 19th December.
In regards to the number of guests each student can bring, we have advised families that it is immediate family only i.e. parents and siblings. We understand that families may want to bring grandparents, aunts/uncles etc. but we do not have the space to accommodate this.
Just a reminder for all of next year’s grade 6 students to order your grade 6 uniform for 2019. There are still a number of students who haven’t ordered and they are due this Friday. Late orders will result in delays.
Just a reminder that Berwick College have their information evening tonight for families who will be attending Berwick College in 2019. It begins at 7.00pm in the stadium.