With our upcoming excursion to Sovereign Hill next term, we will be introducing the 3 strike policy with all students in grade 5 and grade 6. Starting from Monday the 25th March, any student who is demonstrating inappropriate behaviour that is not acceptable under our school agreements, will be given a strike. If students receive 3 strikes before our excursion, students will not be allowed to attend. These excursions must be earnt and we need to make sure that students will be demonstrating excellent behaviour when out of school grounds. Parents will be notified each time their child receives a strike. This has been explained to all students this afternoon. We appreciate your support.
Create a picture/display of what the streets in your town would look like during the great depression.
Make sure you put a lot of colour and effort into the details of your picture or display that you make.
Penny’s mum has 75 sheets of private papers that she wants to destroy, using a paper shredder that shreds 5 pages at a time. What is the LEAST number of bundles of 5 sheets of paper she will shred to destroy 75 sheets?
There are 2 ways to buy tickets to rides at a circus. Each ride costs $7, but a 4-ride pack of tickets costs $24. If Charlie buys 8 rides, how much does he save by buying tickets in 4-ride packs?
In a soccer game, 9 goals were scored altogether by 3 players. William scored more goals than Mitch, but fewer goals than Charlie. How many goals may each of them have scored? Give 2 possible answers.
Live the life of a miner during the Gold Rush. Make a Miners Licence that miners would have to carry to allow they to mine for gold. Include important information such as: name, birthdate, country of origin, description of what the minors licence is for, cost of a licence, photo ID.
Make sure your licence is neat, well presented, creative and decorated.
In some states in Australia, this past weekend was a long 3-day weekend. How many hours are there altogether in a full 3-day weekend?
The Salvation Army is trying to help struggling farming families by collecting money from sympathetic Australians. They suggest donations of $95 would help isolated farming families at risk. How many of these donations would be needed to exceed a total of $2,000?
The SUM of three DIFFERENT numbers is 46. What may those numbers be? Give 3 possible answers.
Please be aware of the following important dates and reminders to ensure your child doesn’t miss out. As we are now going paperless, please ensure you have signed up to FlexiBuzz for all important notes and reminders.
– House athletics – money and consent form are now overdue but it is an expectation that all students in 5/6 attend. We will accept late payments through the office.
– Lightning Premiership for selected students – money and consent form due through QKR by Friday 22nd March.
– Cross Country – money and consent form due through QKR by Friday 29th March.
– Treat Day – money and order form due through QKR by Tuesday 19th March.
– Parent Teacher Interviews – please book a time to see your child’s teacher. This is an opportunity for you to see how your child is progressing at school and to discuss any concerns. Please click on the following link to book: https://www.schoolinterviews.com.au/code?code=a3sps