You have just won the lottery and your prize is $1,000,000. You are going to build a fancy new mansion to live in. Rule a t-chart in your homework book. On one side of the chart, create a list of 10 essential needs you require to build your house. On the other side, create a list of 10 desirable wants you would like to build your house. Now highlight the top 3 needs and the top 3 wants you would like and underneath, explain why each is important.
Problem Solving – answer at least 3 questions
- A carpenter has a length of timber 860 cm long. If he cuts it in half, what will be the length of each piece?
- How far did Lisa swim if she swam 10 laps of the 50 metre pool?
- How many metres of fencing are needed to surround a rectangular yard 10 metres long and 9 metres wide?
- James travels a total distance of 240 km to and from work over 5 days. How far does James live from his place of work?
- Riley’s step is 87 cm and Violet’s step is 76 cm. How far apart will they be after 27 steps?