For those parents who are competing in the football match tomorrow. We are aiming to start the match at 1:00pm. So if we could meet in the grade 5 rooms (portables next to the oval) at 12:40 to discuss game plans and strategies. The oval is still a tad muddy, so it would be a good idea to wear football boots if you have some, otherwise runners are fine. The match will consist of two 25 minute halves against two teams of students.
Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow in their sports colours!
The note and payment is now available on QKR for those students attending the Future Stars Hoop Time.
The teams are attached for those students involved, please see QKR for the venue information and date.
We will require parents to assist in transporting the kids on the day, so please fill out the forms to make us aware of how you child will be transported.
Future Stars Hoop Time
Well done to Jess, Ethan, Jess, Emily, Isla, Tessa, Kate and Mitchell.
There will be no homework next week as it is the last week of term. But remember, you can always keep reading to get your reading nights up.
Congratulations to Dom, Paige, Bane, Maddie, Kyson, Ash, Hayley, Jayde and Harvey.
Just a reminder that any remaining payment towards 5/6 camp, as well as the medical, code of conduct and dietary forms (if required), are due this Friday the 13th September. Please ensure all money and forms are handed in by this date. Thank you.
Your teacher has put you in charge of organising the end of term class party. You need to consider where this will take place, what food/drink will be available and what games/activities you might play. In your homework book, create a t-chart with the headings ‘Goods’ and ‘Services’. List the goods you would need to purchase and the services you need to hire for your party. E.g. Pizza would go under the ‘Goods’ heading and the delivery of the pizza would go under the ‘Services’ heading. Now create an invitation to invite your classmates to the party. Ensure it is presented attractively.
Problem Solving – answer at least 3 of the questions.
- The shoe sizes on the top shelf were 3 1/2, 4, 4 1/2, 5 and 5 1/2. What would be the sizes of the next three pairs of shoes?
- When Felix divided the bag of coffee beans into 6 kg bags, he ended up with 8 bags. How much was there to start with?
- What number am I thinking of? I am a 2-digit number. If you double me and subtract 8, the answer is 16.
- For every two cups of tea sold at the shop, 5 cups of coffee were sold. How many coffees were sold if 35 hot drinks were sold?
- Water began leaking from the tap at a rate of 30ml per hour for 3 hours and then it increased to 50ml per hour until it was fixed. How much water leaked from the tap between 8am and 2pm?