Homework

Blog Question

Your teacher has put you in charge of organising the end of term class party. You need to consider where this will take place, what food/drink will be available and what games/activities you might play. In your homework book, create a t-chart with the headings ‘Goods’ and ‘Services’. List the goods you would need to purchase and the services you need to hire for your party. E.g. Pizza would go under the ‘Goods’ heading and the delivery of the pizza would go under the ‘Services’ heading. Now create an invitation to invite your classmates to the party. Ensure it is presented attractively.

Problem Solving – answer at least 3 of the questions.

1. The shoe sizes on the top shelf were 3 1/2, 4, 4 1/2, 5 and 5 1/2. What would be the sizes of the next three pairs of shoes?
  2. When Felix divided the bag of coffee beans into 6 kg bags, he ended up with 8 bags. How much was there to start with?
  3. What number am I thinking of? I am a 2-digit number. If you double me and subtract 8, the answer is 16.
  4. For every two cups of tea sold at the shop, 5 cups of coffee were sold. How many coffees were sold if 35 hot drinks were sold?
  5. Water began leaking from the tap at a rate of 30ml per hour for 3 hours and then it increased to 50ml per hour until it was fixed. How much water leaked from the tap between 8am and 2pm?

4 thoughts on “Homework