At this stage, grade 6 students are expected to return to school at approximately 5.30pm. We will keep you updated along the way if this changes. Thanks.
Due to the extreme heat expected tomorrow we have decided to hold our whole school final assembly for 2019 at 9am in the morning. Any final certificates will be handed out along with the announcement of our new student leaders for 2020.
The Grade 6 water fight will now take place at 11am and will be finished by 11:30 at the latest. This is for Grade 6 students only. If your child is bringing Bunch of Balloons, they will need to bring a large tub (no washing baskets) or their balloons will not be filled. Parents are welcome to come watch the fight on the new playground.
We understand that many parents are wishing to take their children home early due to the heat. Just a reminder to sign your children out at the Office. Grade 6 teachers will have sign out sheets with them after the water fight to take your child home early. If grade 6 students are staying st school to 1.30pm, they will need to bring a change of clothes and a towel.
Families are invited to attend the Graduation Cake Ceremony tomorrow, Wednesday the 18th December at 12.30pm. This will now take place in the gym, not the gallery as previously advertised.
Please read and be prepared for the amazing, fun things that are happening next week in grade 5/6.
Monday 16th December –
- Pancake breakfast for grade 6 students – 7.30am for students cooking, 8.00am for students eating.
- Grade 6 Party – please bring in your plate food to share and your Kris Kringle present.
- Sing and Celebrate Concert – 6.30pm in the shed. Students should arrive around 6.15pm.
Tuesday 17th December
- Grade 5/6 Christmas Stall.
Wednesday 18th December
- Grade 5 Party – please bring in your plate of food and Kris Kringle present.
- Grade 6 Bear Signing 9.00am
- Graduation Cake at 12.30pm in the gallery. All parents are welcome to attend.
- Graduation Ceremony at Upper Beaconsfield Primary School. 6.00pm Scrapbook viewing, 6.30pm ceremony begins. Please remember each student is allocated 3 guest seats only. All siblings must be seated and supervised during the ceremony.
- Graduation Disco (organised by parents) following after the conclusion of the ceremony.
Thursday 19th December
- Grade 6 Graduation Excursion. Please arrive at 8.45am. Will return at approx. 5.30pm. More information to be blogged next week.
Friday 20th December
- Last day of school. 1.30pm finish.
- Final assembly at 1.00pm in Shed. New school leaders for 2020 to be announced.
- The water fight for grade 6 students only, will take place at the conclusion of the last assembly in the shed. Only 1 water pistol or 1 pack of Bunch of Balloons (or similar) with a large tub, are to be used. Only grade 6 students are involved. Once the water has run out, the water fight is over and student need to go home.
As our graduation excursion to Funfields approaches, students need to ensure they have and bring the right items with them. Please read carefully to ensure your child is prepared.
- Students will need to bring a small backpack which has their snack, lunch, a refillable drink bottle and a towel in it.
- Students will need to wear a hat (it does not need to be their school hat).
- Students may come in free dress, but must wear a t-shirt (no singlets or tank tops), shorts and runners. Thongs may be brought to wear at Funfields, but runners need to be worn to and from.
- Students will need to wear their bathers under their clothes. All students must wear a rashie or a t-shirt on the water rides. No student will be allowed on the water rides without one.
- No money is to be brought to Funfields.
More information about departing times etc. will be sent out next week.
Yesterday our Grade 6 girls cricket team competed at the State finals at Junction Oval in blazing hot conditions. The girls were amongst some of the best primary school cricketers in the state and were by no means embarrassed! After playing three games, the girls finished with a draw and 2 loses.
The talent and attitude that these girls have shown throughout their entire primary school representing Beaconsfield in a range of sports has to be admired. These are a special bunch of athletes who will be missed next year.
Thank you to everyone one who attended and participated on Friday in the Splash and Dash. It was a fantastic day full of lots of fun activities. The students rotated between four activities throughout the day. The rotations consisted of mindfulness, dancing, skills challenges and the Splash and Dash on the oval where the kids got soaked in colourful water (thanks to the parents and teachers!)
The day concluded with some relay games and activities in the shed, where it was then announced that the winner of the House Cup was ……………MORGAN!!!!
A special thanks to Mrs Carey and the House Captains and Vice Captains for organising and running the day. And a special thanks to those parents who came along and joined in the all the fun.
Just a reminder to all our wonderful parent helpers who have assisted us over the year, that you are invited to your child’s classroom at 2.40pm for a certificate presentation, followed by an acknowledgement of your efforts at the whole school assembly. Don’t worry, you don’t have to stand up the front!
Just a reminder that tomorrow, Monday the 9th of December, Parents and Friends will running their annual Christmas Raffle. Tickets are $1 each, with students being able to purchase them when parents come around to the classrooms. Prizes will be drawn at assembly tomorrow. Good luck!