For homework this week, you are going to volunteer to help people in your own community. Some suggestions of what you could do are:
• Complete a chore you would not normally have to do (mow the lawn, do the dishes, take out the garbage, vacuum the house etc.)
• Help your sibling with their homework
• Make a meal for your family
• Have a conversation with a grandparent, aunt, uncle or someone older than you, that you haven’t seen for a while
• Volunteer to help a teacher with something at school
• Donate some old toys or clothes
Record what you did and who you helped in your homework book. Describe how you felt after you had completed each task. You must complete at least 3.
As promised, here’s the GoPro camp video guys. Password is the one we told you at school yesterday. Enjoy!
Homework is back on for next week. Here is the task that you need to complete in your homework book:
The community of Beaconsfield has some great organisations who rely on the assistance of volunteers.
• Beaconsfield Neighbourhood Centre
• Beaconsfield CFA
• Beaconsfield Progress Association
• Beaconsfield Scouts
• Beaconsfield Junior Football Club
Research one of the above organisations, presenting what they do, who can volunteer, what roles they may have and how they help the community of Beaconsfield.
Just a few reminders for grade 6 students.
• Scrapbooks and photos need to be brought to school by the end of the week as we will be starting this next week. Please refer to the Grade 6 Booklet given out earlier this term for what students need to bring in.
• Graduation Disco money is due this Friday. Please return the form and $20 payment to Miss Backman or Sam Rooke (not the office). Late payments will not be accepted.
Take a look at this great performance form the grade 3-5 students from the senior choir a couple of weeks ago.
Due to the long weekend, there will be no homework or reading next week.
Today our 5/6 Boys Basketball Team headed off to the Regional Finals. With a couple of boys sacrificing a day on camp and the others severely sleep deprived from a camp of their own, the boys progressed all the way to the grand final, only to go down by 1 solitary point. It was a brave effort by the boys, who displayed terrific skill, determination and team work all day long. A massive thank you to the parents for their assistance today, the day wouldn’t have been possible without you.
Just a little info for the 40 students attending T20 Cricket tomorrow:
– 8:45am arrival in the gallery for a 9:00am departure.
– Wear school top, shorts to play in and runners.
– Rain is forecast despite the warm temperature so you may want to bring a jacket.
– Bring your snack, lunch, drink bottle, school hat and sunscreen.
There are still a few students yet to bring in their permission forms (even if you have paid via QKR), please make sure they come in first thing tomorrow as we will not be chasing anyone up.
See you all in the morning!
We are just leaving Coal Creek and are due back at school at approximately 3:20pm.
Just a few reminders for camp next week:
– Arrive at school by 7:30am and take your luggage to the shed.
– If you have medication you need to be at school at 7:15am and meet in 6B’s (Grade 6 Camp) or 5HB’s (Grade 5 Camp) classroom.
– Bring your asthma form in if applicable (Grade 5’s you will receive this on Tuesday afternoon).
– Bring your snack and lunch for the first day in a small backpack. You also will need a refillable drink bottle and your pencil case.
– You are able to bring one normal sized bag of lollies. Please make sure you are sensible with them or they will be confiscated.
– Devices such as phones, iPods and iPads are not allowed to be brought to camp this year. You may bring a digital or disposable camera if you wish.
– Everyone must bring a hat (caps are fine).
– Bring sunscreen and insect repellent.
– Everyone will need a pillow and a sleeping bag (these are not supplied by the camp).
– Bring your bathers in case we end up going for a swim.
– Bring a torch along.
– All tops must have sleeves (no singlets)
I think they’re all the major things. Have a restful weekend and we look forward to a great time with you next week!