One of the easiest things you can do to give back to your community is showing kindness. This week you are encouraged to show kindness in different ways at home, at school and in the wider community. This could be as simple as saying hello, holding a door open or doing something without being asked to. Create a bookmark of all of the acts of kindness you did, which can be put on show to help others realise what they can do to be kind.
Just a reminder that payment for a graduation signature bear is due tomorrow, Tuesday 20th November. No late payments will be accepted as we need to order the bears asap.
For homework this week, you are going to volunteer to help people in your own community. Some suggestions of what you could do are:
• Complete a chore you would not normally have to do (mow the lawn, do the dishes, take out the garbage, vacuum the house etc.)
• Help your sibling with their homework
• Make a meal for your family
• Have a conversation with a grandparent, aunt, uncle or someone older than you, that you haven’t seen for a while
• Volunteer to help a teacher with something at school
• Donate some old toys or clothes
Record what you did and who you helped in your homework book. Describe how you felt after you had completed each task. You must complete at least 3.
As promised, here’s the GoPro camp video guys. Password is the one we told you at school yesterday. Enjoy!
Homework is back on for next week. Here is the task that you need to complete in your homework book:
The community of Beaconsfield has some great organisations who rely on the assistance of volunteers.
• Beaconsfield Neighbourhood Centre
• Beaconsfield CFA
• Beaconsfield Progress Association
• Beaconsfield Scouts
• Beaconsfield Junior Football Club
Research one of the above organisations, presenting what they do, who can volunteer, what roles they may have and how they help the community of Beaconsfield.
Just a few reminders for grade 6 students.
• Scrapbooks and photos need to be brought to school by the end of the week as we will be starting this next week. Please refer to the Grade 6 Booklet given out earlier this term for what students need to bring in.
• Graduation Disco money is due this Friday. Please return the form and $20 payment to Miss Backman or Sam Rooke (not the office). Late payments will not be accepted.
Take a look at this great performance form the grade 3-5 students from the senior choir a couple of weeks ago.
Due to the long weekend, there will be no homework or reading next week.
Today our 5/6 Boys Basketball Team headed off to the Regional Finals. With a couple of boys sacrificing a day on camp and the others severely sleep deprived from a camp of their own, the boys progressed all the way to the grand final, only to go down by 1 solitary point. It was a brave effort by the boys, who displayed terrific skill, determination and team work all day long. A massive thank you to the parents for their assistance today, the day wouldn’t have been possible without you.