Reconnect with a friend that you have not spoken to in a while. For example this may be a cousin, friend from another school or an old sporting team mate.
Have a conversation with this person and share some things that have been happening in their life and what you have been up to.
On Friday next week you will share who you spoke to and what you spoke about. You do not need to write anything down in your homework book, as all sharing will be verbal with your classmates.
This has been discussed with the students but for any parents out there wondering about the requirements for homework this year, it is as follows:
– reading, signed by a parent (150 mins a week for grade 6, 100 mins for grade 5)
– a weekly mathletics certificate (this can be achieved from Monday through to Friday)
– completion of the weekly blog question (posted each Friday afternoon)
Each week these things need to be handed into the classroom teacher on a Friday morning.
If you have any questions about homework, please speak to your child or your classroom teacher.
In preparation for a fantastic start to the new year, grade 5/6 teachers are asking students to bring all of their books and stationery to school tomorrow. We will be organising books with subject labels and will store any spare books and stationery, ready for students to use when needed. Thank you – looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow 🙂
Attached below are the proposed sporting dates for this year. Please note – dates can be subject to change or cancellation.
2018 Calendar Dates Pakenham District – Subject to change
Just wishing all of our students and their families a safe and happy holiday break. Thank you to all the students for an extremely enjoyable year and thanks to all the parents for your ongoing support.
All the best to the grade 6’s, who are off on their high school adventure. You are an amazing group of people who have proved yourselves to be truly great humans. We wish you nothing but the best for the future.
Thank you everyone for a ‘glorious’ year.
IMG_1063 from Linda on Vimeo.
Mr Buckingham, Mrs Humphries, Mrs Carey, Mr O’Shea, Miss Backman, Mrs Crossman and Mr Jeffries
Well done to the following students who will be our school leaders next year:
Hayley Brown and Blake Swan (School Captains)
Javy Chopra and Harrison Church (Vice School Captains)
Jenna White and Jordan Waters (Sports Captains)
Kimberley Staddon and Zach Evans (Vice Sports Captains)
Karima Halabi, Maddy Smit, Charlotte Lines and Rory Norbury (SRC Leaders)
All parents are invited to the gallery at 12.30pm tomorrow for the graduation cake.
The graduation scrapbook viewing at Beaconsfield Baptist Church will begin at 6.00pm tomorrow night (doors will not open till 6.00pm), with the ceremony starting at 6.30pm. The disco organised by the parents will follow the ceremony at Beaconsfield Community Centre.
Just letting all the parents picking up their grade 6 children from school know that we’ve been held up in traffic and should now be back at approximately 5:45.
Just a reminder that students in grade 6 and grade 5B & H students will be having their Christmas party tomorrow. Students need to bring their chosen plate of food/drink to share. If bringing hot food, please drop this off at 11.40am to your child’s classroom.
Students who wish to take part in Kris Kringle, need to bring in a gift to the value of $5. Girls need to buy a present for a girl and boys buy a present for a boy. If your child does not bring a gift tomorrow, they will not receive one.
Next Wednesday is the grade 6 graduation excursion to Funfields. Please see the below important information.
• Students need to arrive at school by 8.45am and go to their classroom to mark the roll. We will be leaving at 9.00am and will not be waiting for any late students
• Students must wear their bathers under their clothing. They are able to wear casual clothing (school uniform is not required) but clothing must be sunsmart (shoulders must be covered, strictly no singlets) and they must wear closed-toe shoes (runners). Thongs may be brought in their back pack to wear at Funfields between water rides, but runners will be required for other rides and going and returning from school.
• All students must wear a rashie or t-shirt when on the water rides. We are a sunsmart school, so both girls and boys must have a rashie or t-shirt on. Any student with no rashie or t-shirt to wear on water rides, will spend the day in the shelter area.
• Students must bring sunscreen and a hat/cap.
• Students should bring a small back pack with their snack, lunch and drink bottle in it. They will need to bring a towel and a spare t-shirt as they must be dry to ride on other non-water activities.
• No money is to be brought as no student will be permitted to buy anything at Funfields.
• No devices are to brought on the excursion as their will be nowhere safe to leave them.
• We will return to school at approx. 5.30pm. Please read the blog for updates of approx. time of arrival back to school on the day.
• Students have watched the safety video and been spoken to about rules and expectations. If any students behaviour is unacceptable, parents will be called to come and collect their child.
If you have any questions, please see Miss Backman.