A big congratulations to the girls who represented the school in Regional Hoop Time today. They showed terrific sportsmanship, teamwork and improved significantly as the day progressed. Great job girls!
Just letting all the parents know that the grade 5 campers are leaving Traralgon and are due back at approximately 4:30pm. Please let your child’s teacher know when you collect your child.
Just a few reminders for camp next week:
– Arrive at school by 7:40am and take your luggage to the shed.
– If you have medication you need to be at school at 7:20am and meet in 6B’s (Grade 6 Camp) or 5H’s (Grade 5 Camp) classroom.
– Bring your asthma form in if applicable (Grade 5’s you will receive this on Tuesday afternoon).
– Bring your snack and lunch for the first day in a small backpack. You also will need a refillable drink bottle and your pencil case.
– You are able to bring one normal sized bag of lollies. Please make sure you are sensible with them or they will be confiscated.
– Devices such as iPods and iPads are not allowed to be brought to camp this year. You may bring a digital or disposable camera if you wish.
– Everyone must bring a hat (caps are fine).
– Bring sunscreen and insect repellent.
– Everyone will need a pillow and a sleeping bag (these are not supplied by the camp).
– Bring your bathers in case we end up going for a swim.
– Bring a torch along.
– All tops must have sleeves (no singlets)
I think they’re all the major things. Have a restful weekend and we look forward to a great time with you next week!
We had a great day on Friday at our Fun Run. Thank you to everyone for the support.
You still have time to donate to our school and have the opportunity to be in the running for a BMX bike. Here is the link for the CUA School Fundraising page where parents can log in and create a profile for the child to raise money for the fun run. Once they have created their profile they need to share it to receive donations.
Any child who raises at least $1 online will go into the draw to win a Colony Premise BMX Bike which retails at $750. The raffle will be drawn at assembly.
Donations can be accepted until Tuesday 24th October.
Berwick College is inviting families to a parent forum they are running at their school, targeting ordinary families who are navigating their way through parenting a teenager. It could be a great opportunity for parents of Grade 6 students who are just about to enter their teenage years. Please see below for information.
Parent Forum details are:
30th of October
Berwick College Performing Arts Centre
The guest speaker, Dr Christiane Klehoe, is the creator of a program for parents that focuses on the emotional connection between a parent and a child. There is also an opportunity to ask questions of a panel after her presentation.
Attached is the flyer for anyone interested and the registration link is below.
Berwick College Parent Forum Poster
Due to the weather there is no walk to school today.
Friday 13 October is our Fun Run, fundraiser.
Come dressed in your house colour. Parents are welcome to cheer.
A coffee van will be on site.
Come and enjoy the fun!
Hi Parents and Guardians,
Next week in Indonesian we are going to be exploring different types of Indonesian food and cuisine. Children will be shown a number of different traditional Indonesian dishes. These will not be for tasting (as most of them are quite spicy) however, children will have an opportunity to look at and smell the different dishes.
As a class we will be cooking Javanese fried rice (vegetarian) to share and eat. I have included the recipe I will be using below to make them. For safety reasons I have asked each classroom teacher to forward on information about any children that they know of having any food allergies or intolerances.
If you have any questions or concerns please raise them with your child’s classroom teacher.
It should be a great and yummy lesson next week in Indonesian.
• 1 ½ teaspoons Olive Oil
• 2 eggs, scrambled
• 1 small white onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
• 2 medium carrots, finely chopped (about ½ cup)
• 2 cups additional veggies, cut into very small pieces for quick cooking
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon grated or finely minced fresh ginger
• 2 large cloves garlic, pressed or minced
• 2 cups cooked white rice
• 1 cup greens spinach and peas
• 3 green onions, chopped
• 1 tablespoon of sweet soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
Expressions of interest are now open to any student attending Berwick College in 2018 for the Central Australia Camp. Please note, this is not the Year 7 camp offered to students, but an extra camp run for students in year 7 to 11 in June. Please see the attached information if interested or contact Michelle Lewis at Berwick College at firstname.lastname@example.org.