Today our 5/6 Boys Basketball Team headed off to the Regional Finals. With a couple of boys sacrificing a day on camp and the others severely sleep deprived from a camp of their own, the boys progressed all the way to the grand final, only to go down by 1 solitary point. It was a brave effort by the boys, who displayed terrific skill, determination and team work all day long. A massive thank you to the parents for their assistance today, the day wouldn’t have been possible without you.
Just a little info for the 40 students attending T20 Cricket tomorrow:
– 8:45am arrival in the gallery for a 9:00am departure.
– Wear school top, shorts to play in and runners.
– Rain is forecast despite the warm temperature so you may want to bring a jacket.
– Bring your snack, lunch, drink bottle, school hat and sunscreen.
There are still a few students yet to bring in their permission forms (even if you have paid via QKR), please make sure they come in first thing tomorrow as we will not be chasing anyone up.
See you all in the morning!
We are just leaving Coal Creek and are due back at school at approximately 3:20pm.
Just a few reminders for camp next week:
– Arrive at school by 7:30am and take your luggage to the shed.
– If you have medication you need to be at school at 7:15am and meet in 6B’s (Grade 6 Camp) or 5HB’s (Grade 5 Camp) classroom.
– Bring your asthma form in if applicable (Grade 5’s you will receive this on Tuesday afternoon).
– Bring your snack and lunch for the first day in a small backpack. You also will need a refillable drink bottle and your pencil case.
– You are able to bring one normal sized bag of lollies. Please make sure you are sensible with them or they will be confiscated.
– Devices such as phones, iPods and iPads are not allowed to be brought to camp this year. You may bring a digital or disposable camera if you wish.
– Everyone must bring a hat (caps are fine).
– Bring sunscreen and insect repellent.
– Everyone will need a pillow and a sleeping bag (these are not supplied by the camp).
– Bring your bathers in case we end up going for a swim.
– Bring a torch along.
– All tops must have sleeves (no singlets)
I think they’re all the major things. Have a restful weekend and we look forward to a great time with you next week!
As camp is approaching, it’s time to think about if your child requires medication to bring on camp.
If you listed on your child’s medical form that your child takes medication, you will need to bring this on the morning of camp to the medication teacher (Grade 6 – Miss Backman in 6B’s classroom and Grade 5 – Mrs Humphries in 5HB’s classroom). Parents will need to accompany their child and sign the medication over to the teacher. All medication should be in its original packaging.
If your child requires medication that was not listed on the medical form (i.e. hay fever tablets, bus sick tablets), you will need to bring this medication in its original packaging to the medication teacher as well. Parents will be required to fill out a Medical Authority Form when handing over the medication. Please be prompt at 7.15am, so that you do not hold up the departure time.
Any student who has asthma, will need to complete a School Camp Asthma Update Form which will be given to students the day before camp. Students and parents are required to check in their child’s asthma puffer on the morning of leaving camp as well, so the medication teacher knows the child has it. We will then give it back to the child to look after if they wish.
Please find attached the clothing list and departure/arrival times for our upcoming 5/6 camp, in case you have lost this information.
We will be having a 5/6 camp talk later this week to give students final reminders. We will then blog this information for parents as well.
Click on attachement below:
Forest Lodge clothing & Essential Info
Today the Grade 5/6 Hoop Time All Stars competed in the Regional Finals at Dandenong Basketball Stadium. The day did not start well by losing our tallest player due to illness. This left us with 6 players, which the boys knew would be tough.
The boys battled hard through the round robin stage to finish with 3 wins and 1 nail biting draw. This left us in 2nd place in our pool meaning we would have to play the top team in another pool.
Fortunately for the boys they played an outstanding game to win by 5 points and advance through to the State Finals.
It was a fantastic day and I am so proud of the boys. To win with just 6 players is a real achievement and something they will remember for a long time. Luke and Heath were clutch with their pressure shooting. Will played like a 6ft giant and rebounded and defended like a beast. Bailey got into great positions all day and was always making space. Archer and Jayden protected the ball well and finished a lot of their shots. And Riley was so supportive and encouraging and able to help a nervous coach from the bench as he was sidelined with a broken finger.
Thanks to those parents who drove the boys and assisted on the day. Hoop Time officials even complimented Beaconsfield on how well we dealt with situations when things became a bit controversial.