Friday 13 October is our Fun Run, fundraiser.
Come dressed in your house colour. Parents are welcome to cheer.
A coffee van will be on site.
Come and enjoy the fun!
Hi Parents and Guardians,
Next week in Indonesian we are going to be exploring different types of Indonesian food and cuisine. Children will be shown a number of different traditional Indonesian dishes. These will not be for tasting (as most of them are quite spicy) however, children will have an opportunity to look at and smell the different dishes.
As a class we will be cooking Javanese fried rice (vegetarian) to share and eat. I have included the recipe I will be using below to make them. For safety reasons I have asked each classroom teacher to forward on information about any children that they know of having any food allergies or intolerances.
If you have any questions or concerns please raise them with your child’s classroom teacher.
It should be a great and yummy lesson next week in Indonesian.
• 1 ½ teaspoons Olive Oil
• 2 eggs, scrambled
• 1 small white onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
• 2 medium carrots, finely chopped (about ½ cup)
• 2 cups additional veggies, cut into very small pieces for quick cooking
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon grated or finely minced fresh ginger
• 2 large cloves garlic, pressed or minced
• 2 cups cooked white rice
• 1 cup greens spinach and peas
• 3 green onions, chopped
• 1 tablespoon of sweet soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
Expressions of interest are now open to any student attending Berwick College in 2018 for the Central Australia Camp. Please note, this is not the Year 7 camp offered to students, but an extra camp run for students in year 7 to 11 in June. Please see the attached information if interested or contact Michelle Lewis at Berwick College at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Berwick College Central Australia Camp 2018
Just a reminder that notes and money for the Lightning Prem and the CJOY Hospital visit are due tomorrow, please make sure they are in on time.
Just a reminder that our school Fun Run will be held on the first Friday back in Term 4(13th of October), so keep trying to raise as much money as you can to get a fantastic prize and raise some money for our school.
To celebrate our Beacy Sports Day yesterday, we held our Teachers/Parents (Tee Pee’s) Vs Grade 6 Students football match. It was an extremely tight match with the game going into overtime but to the disappoint of the students, Mr Buckingham kicked the match winning goal for the Tee Pee’s. Thanks very much to everyone for organising and playing in the match, was a terrific way to end the term.
Footy Match from Beaconsfield PS on Vimeo.
– Reminder that tomorrow is the last day of term so school will finish at 2:30pm.
Sports Day Friday 22nd September
– Remember to dress up in your favourite sports appropriate clothes as a fun day to celebrate all things active!! No money required!
– Netball, soccer, basketball (shoulders covered), footy teams or colours would be appropriate!
Parents playing in footy match tomorrow
– The game will start at 1pm. Please meet in 6J’s classroom at 12:45pm.
– Wear what you are comfortable playing football in.
– These were due on Wednesday so if you haven’t handed them in yet please make sure they are in tomorrow.
Earn and Learn stickers
– This program is now closed, so any stickers need to be returned to school asap!
Just a reminder that our camp medical and code of conduct forms are due today as well as the remainder of the camp payment. If you have issues making the payment please contact the office.
Eight students tonight presented their speeches at the Narre Warren Lions Club. All the students spent a lot of time and effort to perfect their speeches.
Beaconsfield was successful in winning the school competition trophy, whilst Ben and Maddy advanced to the next stage tomorrow night.
Well done to everyone who participated and good luck to Maddy and Ben tomorrow night!
Grade 4- Ben, Mitchell and Dakota
Grade 5- Olivia, Ella and Maddy
Grade 6- Brody and Josh
Just a reminder for those grade 6 students who will be attending the Chips bike ride tomorrow. You will need to bring your helmet and a small backpack with your snack, lunch and drink bottle in it. School uniform is still required to be worn.